- Amsterdam, North Holland
- Job Type:
- Job Industry:
I'm looking for a Python Developer, for a 12+ months contract, for a market leading financial client of mine. The ideal start is April 2018. Kindly get in touch if the position is suitable and you are soon to be available.
The Python Developer will be responsible for;
- Setting standards, rules and guidelines for the developers that start working with Python. Coach colleagues in Python development.
- Develop and test code based on Python, Linux shell scripts, Oracle PL/SQL ETL software, using version control, CD/CI principles.
- Involvement in deploying software to production and automating Ops activities.
- Keep relevant documentation and security up-to-date.
The Python Developer should have the following;
- At least three years of Linux experience
- At least four years of Oracle experience, preferably in a data warehouse context.
- At least three years of fulltime Python development experience.
- Familiarity with test frameworks (like PyTest).
- Extensive experience in how to design applications; i.e. you decompose application functions into single components, into classes when needed and into API's.
- The ability to change designs both in object oriented code, in functional code or in procedural code and you can show this to us.
- Experience into documenting the application decomposition into program designs.
- Knowing how to mock, implement and use different mocking patterns.
- Experience with at least one Python application server, like Flask.
- Experienced GIT-user. You have at least two years of experience using GIT and you know either GitHub, TFS or GitLab.
- Experienced CI/CD user.
- Aware of Docker and containerization.
- Experienced with Test Driven Development and Behaviour Driven Design approaches.
If this sounds like a good assignment in your line of experience, please get in touch for more details or feel free to send in your latest CV.