Citrix Engineer - Infrastructure
- £350.00 - 360.00
- Job Type:
- Job Industry:
- Design, implement, and maintain global Citrix XenApp deployment for trading applications to external clients via NetScaler Gateway. Have experience of managing & maintaining large XenApp environments 50+ servers.
- Experience handling user migrations from the existing v6.5 to v7.15 environment +1200 users.
- Good knowledge of Active Directory and Powershell.
- Review and recommend options to improve the effectiveness of XenApp Infrastructure through automation. Experience using automation tools such as RES Automation Manager.
- Maintain & Upgrade physical Netscalers globally ensuring that security patches are applied, firmware maintained and security best practises applied.
- Good communicator and happy to work with Business Managers to understand complex solutions and deliver technical solutions.
- Good knowledge of VMware and able to understand the infrastructure to troubleshoot issues.
- Change control and configuration management including installation, testing and live implementation for software releases and system/security patches.
- Fault diagnosis and resolution by the skilled application of available tools, methods, procedures and equipment. On major system failures must possess the technical knowledge and judgment to quickly analyse the most appropriate solution for the speedy resumption of service.
- The commissioning of new servers and ensuring they are built to company standard. Ensuring servers are up to date with system/security patches and antivirus software.
- Production and maintenance of system documentation.
- Responsibility for ensuring that you are fully aware of and adhere to internal policies that relate to you, your role or any other activities for which you have any level of responsibility. It is your responsibility to ensure compliance with operational risk requirements (e.g. cultural behaviours, security policies and regulatory requirements)
- Complete any mandatory training by the required deadlines.
- Act with integrity and due skill, care and diligence in carrying out your duties
Skills and Experience required:
- Excellent technical understanding of IT infrastructure products, standards and configuration.
- Experience in working through technical challenges through acquisitions and mergers
- Excellent communication skills and customer focus
- Ability to build and maintain efficient working relationships
- Shows initiative and can act independently to resolve problems.
- Problem ownership and accountability, along with the initiative to identify/resolve potential problems without necessarily being assigned the task.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal at all levels.